Brighton Film School receives glowing independent report
Brighton Film School, the independent film and digital moving image production school in the heart of Brighton, is celebrating having received a glowing report after being independently assessed by an external examiner. Brighton Film School received assessment from an examiner at Edexcel, who are the awarding body for the schools Higher National Certificate course in Filmmaking (equivalent to a 1st year of a degree programme).
In the initial report, the examiner remarked that the specialist school for budding filmmakers offered an ‘excellent and professional setting for degree level education and training’, that the ‘resources and facilities are “outstanding”’ and that our students have a ‘high degree of satisfaction whilst studying with us’.
Head of School, Gary Barber said:
We are delighted by the findings of the independent examiner and are pleased that he recognised what, for us and our students, makes us a very special film school for budding filmmakers in the heart of creative Brighton.
Whilst we know we deliver an excellent learning experience at degree level, it is important that this is recognised by the independent external examiner and we are delighted with the outcome.
The highlights from the initial report include:
- The location of Brighton Film School provides an excellent venue for the course. The accommodation is very suitable but also the presence of other media companies in the building provides a good business environment.
- There is a very high degree of satisfaction with the course by the students.
- The close links with the media industry in Brighton provides a major source of enrichment to the student experience.
- Resources for the course are outstanding. The use of both film and digital video strongly enrich this.
- Students value the high quality media professionals who visit the course as guest speakers and who run workshops on the course
- The course provides the opportunity to experience a wide variety of roles in the media. This has helped them identify those areas in which they wish to specialise.
Brighton Film School is located in the heart of Brighton and provides a high level of practical film and digital training in order to supply the next generation of talented filmmakers to the British film industry. The flagship courses include the Filmmaking HNC (equivalent to 1st year of a degree), with start dates in September, and the British Kinematic Sound and Television Society approved Diploma course in Cinematography and Directing.
There are also evening classes and Summer schools in filmmaking, screenwriting, editing and art direction.
The school is run by industry professionals who work in the British film industry and they regularly welcome guest speakers from the world of film and TV. Most recently these guests have included Hollywood screenwriter David Scinto (Sexy Beast), renowned cinematographer Brian Tufano (Billy Elliot), Bafta-winning actress Carol Harrison (Eastenders) and one of the most important figures in the British film industry, Andy Leyshon who is Sales Director at Universal Pictures.
The Brighton Film School is accepting applications for their courses starting in September 2013 now and those interested in a career in film should apply soon to avoid disappointment.