Film Production BA (Hons) Top-up Degree
Filmmaking degree course in Brighton
This course is in partnership with the University of Brighton and delivered by Brighton Film School.
Is your future film? Have you achieved a Higher National Diploma Level 5 or a Foundation Degree in Filmmaking or a similar subject and wish to study to achieve the full BA (hons) qualification? The Film Production BA (Hons) top-up degree combines the strength of the school’s film production facilities with the expertise of our lecturers - all of whom are professional practitioners in various film and broadcast capacities.
This is a cutting edge practical course will provide students with an industry-relevant offering that includes a critical understanding of applied film theory, with current industry insight and practice in film production, and the creative and technical skills to function effectively in film, television and associated sectors such as music promo, television commercials and branded virals.
You will acquire practical skills to create a professional showreel and credit list to gain strong connections to the film industry to give yourself an amazing opportunity to enter the film industry as a practicing professional.
Why should I study the Film Production BA (Hons) Top-up Degree at Brighton Film School?
- The Film Production degree is widely recognised as one of the best in the country and endorsed by our patrons Brian Tufano (Billy Elliot, Trainspotting), David Scinto (Sexy Beast, Gangster No.1, 44" Chest), and Michele D'Acosta (Biggie and Tupac, Kurt and Courtney)
- Brighton is a tremendously exciting and creative city to be a filmmaker with a rich heritage in the art and home to the Hove Pioneers
- We teach with both HD and Film, to introduce you to both formats so you will ready for a career in the film industry
- Our industry partners Panavision and Panalux supply us with the best kit and equipment in the business. If you want to have access to cameras that are used in big budget films, you’re coming to the right place
- There are lots of freelancing opportunities through the film school and our study hours are flexible so you can maintain work commitments throughout.
- Finance does not have to be a barrier. You can apply for a Student Loan or a Career Development loan
What career pathway could I take after graduating?
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates will look to work within the film industry across a wide range of roles including Director, Cinematographer, Camera Operator, Editor, Producer, Gaffer, Sound Design, Screenwriter, Production Designer and many more.
How to apply:
Applications in the first instance should be made via UCAS.
Institution code: B72
Course code: P315
Campus code: C
Institution code name: BRITN
Short form of course: BAHFPT
If you are unable to apply via UCAS do please contact us or make an application directly via our website.
This course starts in September and is taught on two days per week. The rest of the week you are expected to work independently and freelance in the film industry.
BA (Hons) Film Production Level 6 degree
- Completion of a Level 5 qualification, for example: Higher National Diploma, FdA, FdSC or equivalent
- In certain circumstances, applicants are considered if they can provide evidence of prior learning with an appropriate portfolio of work
- International students will be requested to provide a digital portfolio, evidence of ILETS 6.5 and 6 in writing, as well as equivalent Level 5 qualifications
- Applicants lacking the specified minimum entry requirements may demonstrate by other means, at an interview, that they have the requisite qualities. Application for Accreditation of Prior (experiential) Learning will also be considered
All students are required to attend a portfolio interview and register their application with UCAS. Candidates will be assessed by the standard of their work and by the evaluation of their qualifications, experience, personal statement and reference.
Please visit our fees page. You can apply for student loans to help cover your tuition fees.