External Examiner Report
Brighton Film School is committed to providing the very highest levels of training and education in filmmaking and digital moving image production. As part of this commitment, we recently welcomed an independent external examiner from the examinations board, Pearson, to assess academic standards at Brighton Film School.
The most recent visit was conducted on 24th February 2017 and the report was extremely positive.
Please find below a few selected comments from the external examiners report.
- Communication with the centre has been excellent. Administration of the programme is excellent, with all the relevant documentation made available.
- All assessment materials are consistent and produced to a very good standard. The feedback, both formative and summative, by the assessor is extremely comprehensive. This is very good practice.
- The application of a vocational scenario to traditional theoretical units has resulted in a very creative setting, which students have engaged in comprehensively.
- There are some interesting and innovative approaches to making the traditional theory based units of the qualification, as vocational as possible. This is very good practice and it is evident by the grades achieved by students that they have fully engaging with the assignments.
- The centre provides students with a well-equipped facility, with individual access to workstations during timetabled sessions, a fully working TV studio, screening room and DVD library. Additionally, students also commented that access to resources outside of timetabled study was also possible.
- The course provides the opportunity to experience a wide variety of roles in the media. This has helped them identify those areas in which they wish to specialise.
What a fantastic report!
You can still apply for our Filmmaking HNC course here.