Home > Apply now > Funding


Funding and loans for filmmaking courses

Student Loans

As you will no doubt be aware, many UK Universities are charging undergraduates up to £9,000 per year. However, Brighton Film School is uniquely positioned to offer outstanding quality and value to our students.

All of our undergraduate HNC/HND courses are priced at £6,165 per annum for UK and EU students. And since all Brighton Film School HNC/HND courses are formally validated and fully accredited, students may apply to the Student Loan Company (SLC) to cover the full amount of tuition fees payable. You might also apply for further loans and grants to contribute to your living costs.

For more information on how to apply, fees and awards please email info@brightonfilmschool.co.uk or call 01273 602070.

When applying for a Brighton Film School course through UCAS you will need to enter our Institution Code - S83 and the Campus Code - F.

Funding for the Filmmaking Diploma

There is a variety of loans available from different schemes together with grants from several charities. We are unable to recommend any particular one on our website as they change too frequently, but advice may be given at your interview depending upon your circumstances. Some professional bodies and trades' unions have educational funds available. There are also many arts' foundations. A book called the Educational Grants Directory lists 1,000s of possible sources. You may also prefer a bank loan.

Do remember though - some loans or grants may NOT be available unless you are an EU citizen or from certain other European countries and details are available upon request once you have been accepted onto a course. Note also that you are unlikely to qualify for certain loans if you already have an outstanding student loan. The following is about Career Development Loans:

‘Professional and Career Development Loans are bank loans that can be used to help pay for work related learning. You can borrow between £300 and £10,000 to help support the cost of up to two years of learning (or three years if it includes one year’s relevant unpaid practical work). The Young People’s Learning Agency will pay the interest on the loan while you are learning and for one month afterwards. The loan can be used to pay for course fees or other costs such as travel and living expenses. You can also use the loan to supplement other forms of support such as grants or bursaries. Because the Professional and Career Development Loan is a commercial loan product, they should only be considered as an option once all other student funding options have been investigated. For further information on financial assistance to support your learning, please visit https://www.gov.uk/career-development-loans or contact Careers Advice on 0800 100 900. Our learning provider registration number is: 10605.’

So - do please apply for your place on the course now. We do hope that you are able to join us. Not only will you have a good time and learn a great deal but you will also make many new friends which, in films, you will need.

Please feel free to contact us with any queries, and you are also welcome to make an informal visit to our studios upon appointment.

***Please note we cannot accept Non EU International students unless you already have a visa which allows you to be in the country for the duration of the course you would like to study***


See what former students think of Brighton Film School

Follow this link for our testimonials page.