Pearson BTEC HNC/HND Diploma in Creative Media Production (Moving Image) supported by Sussex Coast College
Is your future in film? This degree-level filmmaking course will teach you the practical elements of digital and film, editing and cinematography and will give you the skills and confidence to progress as either an independent filmmaker, freelancer or onto higher education.
In the first year, you will earn the Filmmaking HNC (Higher National Certificate), which is the equivalent to the first year of a degree. You will then progress onto the second year for more specialist, intensive and creative filmmaking and earn the Filmmaking HND (Higher National Diploma). This is a fantastic opportunity to study filmmaking at a respected training and education institution.
Why should I study a Filmmaking HND at Brighton Film School?
- We teach with both HD and Film, to introduce you to both formats so you will ready for a career in the film industry
- The course is based around several projects throughout the year, and while we teach you some theory to give you a holistic understanding of both the film and television industry, you are only assessed on your practical projects
- You will have the opportunity to create documentaries, music videos and multiple short films to enhance your portfolio
- Workshops will be an important part of your learning such as lighting and camera techniques, how to edit, pre/post production of your films and how to write a script
- There are lots of freelancing opportunities through the film school and our study hours are flexible so you can maintain work commitments throughout.
- Studying for a HNC/HND is significantly cheaper than going to University and you can progress onto the 3rd year to ‘top-up’ your HND to a BA (Hons) if you wish
- Finance does not have to be a barrier. You can apply for a Student Loan or a Career Development loan
How to apply:
Institution code: S83
Course code P313
Campus code: F
Course title: Creative Media Production (Filmmaking)
This course starts in September 2017 and is taught two days per week.
Creative Media Production Higher National Certificate Level 4 (year 1)
Creative Media Production Higher National Diploma Level 5 (year 2)
Progression routes can either be straight into the film industry, or a third year of study would top your qualification up to a BA (Hons).
A full level 3 BTEC extended diploma is required or two grade C A Levels. Selection is by application and interview with a portfolio preferred. We accept students from a variety of backgrounds.
Applicants who are non-native English speakers, or who have not studied the final two years of school in English, must demonstrate capability in English at a standard commensurate to:
- IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.0 being awarded on individual sections, for a level 4 or 5 qualification
- IELTS 6.5 for a level 6 or 7 qualification
- PTE Academic score of 42 to 49, for a level 4 or 5 qualification
- PTE Academic score of 58 to 64, for a level 6 or 7 qualification
Please visit our fees page.
Collaborating with Sussex Coast College:
With the backing of the facilities, processes and resources of Sussex Coast College, Brighton Film School is able to focus on delivering a quality provision to our students.
Our students are registered at Sussex Coast College and have access to the facilities at the college as well as being Brighton Film School students. Sussex Coast College benefits from having a large cohort of high achieving students and a progression route for their students.