Introduction to Filmmaking
Filmmaking 10 week short course
Taught in an engaging, fun and creative manner by acclaimed actor and Director Julian Kerridge, the Introduction to Filmmaking is our flagship short course. This is the perfect introduction to those who might not have much experience in film, feel a bit rusty or would just like to explore a new area of creativity. It is also an excellent way for film buffs to have a go at making film themselves.
Using a combination of practical workshops, presentations and film analysis, the course will provide you with experience and support in writing for the screen, producing, shooting and editing broadcast-quality moving images, and understanding screen acting techniques from both actor and director perspectives.
The filmmaking course includes:
- Introduction to our HD cameras and sound kit
- Introduction to screenwriting through analysis and creation of a 1 minute drama
- Lighting and acting workshops
- How to construct a scene: the mis-en-scene
- The perfect pitch
- Acting and the camera
- Live shooting
- Delivering a final cut!
There are start dates on:
- Wednesday 27th September 2017
- Thursday 28th September 2017
- January 2018 (date TBC)
- April 2018 (date TBC)
Please see our fees page.